Hands down, my all time favorite Holiday app is Bacon wrapped dates with zest. It's so easy and who doesn't love bacon?! I'm going to keep this quick and simple for you, enjoy!
What ya need:
- Medjool Dates
- Bleu Cheese crumble (or gorgonzola works amazing if you don't prefer bleu cheese)
- Orange for zest and decoration (optional)
What ya do:
- Slice each Medjool Date in half and take the pits out -THIS IS KEY! Nobody likes a cracked tooth, eek!
- Slice the slab of bacon into 3 quarters
- Pinch the bleu cheese and stuff into the date
- Take a piece of bacon and wrap around the date
Bake at 350ºF for approx 20-25 minutes
- While the bacon wrapped dates are cooking, you'll want to zest an orange for the topping.
Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and then plate and sprinkle zest. Voila! Easy app to bring to any holiday party!